|Bay Window after it was painted - Photo of Nana with the boys.|
|Image is from|
I returned the hardware to JC Penney and headed to Ikea to pick up the DIGNITET wire curtain hanger. It mounts on the wall and then there are two additional corner pieces pieces that I purchased to string the wire through along the corners in the bay window nook. It was pretty easy to hang. It took a couple of hours because I measured wrong...twice. I hung my panels (see above photo for the idea) and was pretty happy with the result. As a bonus, we were no longer viewable to anyone who walked by the house at night. I started to tidy up the space, tossed a blanket into the corner where one of the panels hung and suddenly the wire popped and all the panels crashed to the floor. Ugh.
Sooooo...now I am rethinking the whole project and leaning toward roman shades. The drawback is the loss of the arch, but I think I will prefer the look over the hanging panels.
|Making Roman Shades isn't that difficult, but it requires exact measurements and a good diagram.|
|Diagram of the shade. I use Terrell Designs website to calculate the dimensions. |
They also have an excellent tutorial for anyone interested in taking the DIY route.