9.16.2011

Good Neighbors

I have to confess a totally embarrassing moment that happened yesterday.  The boys and I went out at our normal time to take a walk through the town and then to the local playground.  Pete, our really nice neighbor, was outside mowing his fabulous and expansive lawn.  We definitely have yard envy.  We walked over to say hello, and Owen started yelling "Peace! Peace!", his way of saying Pete.  As we approached, Pete asked if I minded if he mowed our lawn.  Oh boy, we are those neighbors.  I confess that our lawn is super low on the priority list right now, on top of the fact that we don't currently own an operable lawn mower.  This was on the Home Depot list of things we need to purchase.

So, red faced, I bumbled about how sorry I was that we haven't gotten to the lawn and that it would be so amazing if he wouldn't mind mowing and that we would be buying a mower this weekend and that we would pay him and that we would be so appreciative and...bumble, bumble, bumble.  Well, our lawn isn't very big and he said that it would be no problem.  When we returned from our walk, our lawn was freshly mowed.

It got very chilly after the front moved through yesterday afternoon and it really felt like fall.  So, the first time this year, we baked some delicious pumpkin bread as a thank you and delivered it to "Peace" that afternoon.  I realized how great of a neighborhood we live in and am so happy that we chose this house.


Here are some photos that I took last night after dinner of our street and the town from our front porch.  You can just see that autumn is right around the corner.
A panorama from our front porch of the town of Phoenixville

I love these trees on our street.  I have no idea what type of tree, but they look like they have been here since the house was built.

No comments:

Post a Comment