7.25.2011

Owen's Room

The bathroom and Owen's room are the only rooms in the whole house that don't have either wood paneling or drop ceilings.  I didn't have to even prime the space, other then the doors that I'm updating.  Here are some before and after shots of the work.  The color is Ice Rink, Martha Stewart in Behr paint. 
Before shot during inspection with Owen's little head at the bottom.

Not a big fan of ceiling fans, but in a house without central air, I am sure that it will come in handy.

Nice big window that is painted shut.


My trusty spackle knife came in handy when trying to free the window.

Victory...and a very yucky window sill.

Paint on the walls.


Painting ceilings is the worst job ever!

I am leaning towards a orange and white striped fabric for the window treatment.  I have it ear marked at JoAnn's.  I am going to stop by Steve's Sew and Vac in King of Prussia tomorrow to see what they have in their stock of discount fabrics.  I am also looking into more creative ideas for radiator covers.  It just seems like there could be some really fun things that can be done to that area.  Send up any ideas that you may have or have seen. 

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I am super surprised at your paint choices... so subdued for you!!! I agree that painting ceilings is no fun at all! I especially love walking away from the job looking like I have a terrible lice infestation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I know that my choices aren't as bold as normal. Eric's brother and family stopped by over the weekend to see the house and Dora commented that the colors on the blog photos look really white, but in person it looks totally different. I'll try and get some more accurate photos.

    ReplyDelete